how to remove <> brackets of <dir> ?? is there a

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

edm107

how to remove <> brackets of <dir> ?? is there a

Post by *edm107 »

hello everyone!
I just wanted to ask if anyone know if is there a way to remove brackets <> around "dir" in total commander windows... "<Dir>" --> "Dir"
(sorry for my english)
Thx!
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Edit wincmd.ini file
Under [configuration] section, add this line:
DirBrackets=0
edm107

Post by *edm107 »

No .. I reffer to <dir> display under "size" tab in total commander window.. Ex:

My documents <Dir> 06/21/2003
Program Files <Dir> 07/23/2003 .. etc.

I talk about thid <dir> .. as extendion or description..
Clo

<DIR> indication in the files pannel

Post by *Clo »

edm107 wrote:No .. I reffer to <dir> display under "size" tab in total commander window.. Ex:

My documents <Dir> 06/21/2003
Program Files <Dir> 07/23/2003 .. etc.

I talk about this <dir> .. as extendion or description..
:( I think that isn't possible to modify this... The main reason is that it is not translatable in the language file...

:!: A long time ago, I already asked for a possible translation - in which case, it'ld be possible to remove the angle-brackets < > - . Ch. Ghisler answered that it's impossible, we have <DIR> in all languages...
Remember that pressing the Space-bar on a marked dir, you display the content-size of that dir. / sub-dir. ... Maybe is the problem here :?:

:) Friendly,
Clo
edm107

Post by *edm107 »

Yes.. but I didn't want to change the "DIR" name..I just wanted to remove touse <> bracket so <DIR> to become DIR.

THX anyway!
Clo

< > and DIR: the same!

Post by *Clo »

edm107 wrote:Yes.. but I didn't want to change the "DIR" name..I just wanted to remove those <> bracket so <DIR> to become DIR.

THX anyway!
:) It's the same thing! DIR ant its brackets are a single string impossible to split! Hence, like you can't access to that string, you can't neither translate the DIR, nor remove the brackets!
Maybe Ch. Ghisler will have an :idea: about this, it's a detail, but which bothers me for ... 5 years :!:
:) Wait & see...
Cheers,
Clo
edm107

Post by *edm107 »

It's the same thing! DIR ant its brackets are a single string impossible to split! Hence, like you can't access to that string, you can't neither translate the DIR, nor remove the brackets!
Maybe Ch. Ghisler will have an about this, it's a detail, but which bothers me for ... 5 years
Wait & see...
Cheers,
Clo
Ok I understand now.. :lol: Anyway it dosen't look good with brackets and the standard toolbar icons are old too even if total commander is the best windows I ever use. :roll: btw if anybody know a cool toolbar icons link or something i still waiting for replay. :oops:

Best regards! 8)
Clo

A nice tool-bar…

Post by *Clo »

edm107 wrote:
It's the same thing! DIR ant its brackets are a single string impossible to split! Hence, like you can't access to that string, you can't neither translate the DIR, nor remove the brackets!
Maybe Ch. Ghisler will have an about this, it's a detail, but which bothers me for ... 5 years
Wait & see...
Cheers,
Clo
Ok I understand now.. :lol: Anyway it dosen't look good with brackets and the standard toolbar icons are old too even if total commander is the best windows I ever use. :roll: btw if anybody know a cool toolbar icons link or something i still waiting for replay. :oops:

Best regards! 8)
:evil: oOOops! My reply is lost, sorry, I redo!
You can get a lot of icons and libraries at my Web site. Just press the "Web" button at the message footer. :arrow: TCMD Page (French) :arrow: English page :arrow: Please, check for the tcm-plus.zip archive and download it.
Then, mailto me for tips about getting a nice tool-bar!
:) Friendly,
Clo
Coco

Post by *Coco »

You can also go on http://clubtotal.free.fr
Alain