Previous Directory

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Previous Directory

Post by *Boofo »

Is there a way to have the previous directory show up in a Window after changing to another drive and then changing back to the original drive in that window? What it does now is show the window contents of the other window if you change back to that drive instead of what was in the window before you changed drives. (I hope that makes some sort of sense to someone. ;))
ben hub

Post by *ben hub »

ALT+left/right Go to previous/next dir of already visited dirs
ALT+down Open history list of already visited dirs (like the history list in a WWW browser)
Benoît
# 4081
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

You can also make a "slow" right click on the panel titlebar to see the history list
Fabio Chelly.
Lorsqu'on s'occupe d'informatique il faut faire comme les canards...
Paraître calme en surface et pédaler comme un forcené par en dessous
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Thanks, guys. I use the history list but I was hoping to have it return to the directory it was already in on that drive.
ben hub

Re: Previous Directory

Post by *ben hub »

I use the history list but I was hoping to have it return to the directory it was already in on that drive
What is your real problem :?:

history list lists all the drives\directories you've visited in a window, so there's no problem to get back to a previously visited directory.
Actually I don't understand what's wrong for you ???

NB: the list is different for the left window and the right one - do you select the correct window ?
Benoît
# 4081
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

First of all, I don't have a problem yet. But keep the attitude up, and I can get one real quick.

All I said was that it would be nice to have the window return to whatever directory it left from on any given drive when you return to that drive in that particular window. I currently use the history list with no problem. If that is the only way to do it, then ok. That's all I needed to know.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 01-03-2003 02:34:32 +0000 Boofo wrote:

B> Is there a way to have the previous directory show
B> up in a Window after changing to another drive and
B> then changing back to the original drive in that
B> window?

AFAIK no. Use "Alt"+"<-/->" or Panel history instead.[/face]
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Thanks, Black Dog. I use the history panel now but I didn't know about the "Alt"+"<-/->" before. I use the mouse more than the keyboard. I'll have to start learning all of the keyboard shortcuts. :)

Would this be a good addition to TC or a waste of time for Christian to mess with?
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 01-03-2003 17:59:33 +0000 Boofo wrote:

B> but I didn't know about the "Alt"+"<-/->" before.

Well, actually these are common "pan-Windows" back/forward shortcuts (don't know are they from CUA or designed by M$), supported by Commander from version 3.50.

B> I use the mouse more than the keyboard.

This is not completely TC-related suggestion, but I do suggest you to use more then two-buttoned mouse with this shortcuts assigned to additional buttons.[/face]
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

BD> Well, actually these are common "pan-Windows" back/forward shortcuts (don't know are they from CUA or designed by M$), supported by Commander from version 3.50.

My problem is I got used to the mouse and stopped using the keyboard for a lot of things when I started using Windows. :)

BD> This is not completely TC-related suggestion, but I do suggest you to use more then two-buttoned mouse with this shortcuts assigned to additional buttons.

I have a 4 button wireless mouse that will probably work great for this. I'll try that, thank you. ;)