[Feature Request] Server plugins for FTP, WebDAV, etc

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

trids

[Feature Request] Server plugins for FTP, WebDAV, etc

Post by *trids »

First a quick but essential Thank You for this Android version of TC!! I was a big fan of the Windows Mobile version, so when you started supporting Android too, i was very relieved to find the sort of no-nonsense, well-thought out solution to file management that i was used to and could not find with any of the other Android file managers at the time. There are just one or two features that are missing from TC for Android...

Request: Please provide plugins for sharing files via various standard servers.

Thank you for the great plugins for clients of such servers, FTP, WebDAV, LAN .. in order to access external files. But it would be similarly useful to be able to share internal files to external devices in the same way.

Yes, there are several server apps that can be downloaded to accomplish this. But i'm asking for the same non-nonsense approach that epitomizes TC, and i'm asking to find the other end of file-sharing (the server end) in the same app that is my preferred file manager for Android: TC.

TIA
NCJuenger

Post by *NCJuenger »

A proprietary link Option to "link" a Windows-TC to an Android-TC could make sense I think. Perhaps that would be easier than supporting other standards & clients.

I currently use "FTPServer": (with Windows-TC as client)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lutey.FTPServer

That comes quite close to the non-nonsense approach I think.