Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mwz

Post by *mwz »

@Bluestar
Total Updater v0.8 Beta 3 rev2 -- yes, unchecking the "Try to use the intelligent subversion-detection (for BETA versions)" and refreshing the list does work. When launched from within TC, is TC closed or not before refreshing, it shows then:

Total Commander (x64) - Installed: 8.0.1.0 - Latest: 8.50beta2 - Status: Update available!

When launched separetely, from Explorer, it shows:
Installed: 8.01 - Latest: 8.50beta2 - Status: Update available!
(i.e. with the [third] different string in version number) in any case: is the "intelligent" option checked or not.
a.k.a. Mikhail Zhilin, #12316 Personal license
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Hi Bluestar!

Thanks for this new (Beta) Release.

While pulling the translation to the current state, I've stumbled over a few points related to the context menu of an Update list entry...

* What does IDM mean?

* The "Google search" string is already translated in the program, but not 100 % correctly. Where does this translated string come from, because I cannot find it in the language file?

* The "Marked items" menu entry has a checkmark icon. However, this is a little bit confusing, because a user may think that "Marked items" is checked itself (for whatever reason). This also applies to the submenu entry "Exclude from list" > "All marked items". Could you replace this icon by another one? Unfortunately, I cannot provide a replacement or idea right now.

Greetings
Gerby
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Ello Mr. Blue:)

I have one question Total Updater check plugin version from totalcmd.net right?, but how check it? every plugin separately/separately each site or check source with all plugins from one website?

p.s.
totalcmd.net dead, what is standard last time;>

@:
I have notice one problem i use small notebook 10" & default height of Total Updater unfortunately it's too big & i can't see down buttons, I can only click "blind shut".. Program have blocked resize of height so i can't change it. I have no idea how this looks like at notebook 9", probably worst.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

It seems that detection of Windows Media Audio 2 plugin is incorrect. It is added to Totalcmd.net on 04-09-2013, but the actual version (from ghisler.com) is 01-07-2013. So it remains showing Update available.

Regards, EricB
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@mwz:
Thanks for the tests, so as I thought its x64-related and most probably the history.txt file is which causing the issue - using TC intelligent detection TU tries to grab its latest line to get the correct version of TC, as there is no BETA-related information in the PE file at all. I'll try to fix it in the next version. Can I send you private beta version before publicating it?

@Gerby:
Hi, you're welcome - I keep trying to get the most out of it. :)

Oh, IDM.. I could have write some kind of hint about it inside the language file - anyway IDM stands for "Internet Download Manager", the most popular one having thousands of users. Maybe in the future TU is going to support more of them, but for now it is just enough I think.

The "Google search" string actually can't be found in the file, since it gets the hostname from the ini's "SearchEngine" key (so in case its http://bing.com/%s popupmenu shows "Bing search"), then cleans it up a bit and attach the string inside "SearchItem" from the language file's [CaptionsMainFrm] section to it. When I added this function some time ago, I thought not to add a new string to lngfile because of such small things, but as I'm thinking about it, in some languages the word "Search" could go before the "Google" (maybe it is the case with your language too?).

Ummm, I don't have an idea about this tiny checkmark icon either.. I added it for the users who may (incorrectly) think that "marked = selected", so by showing this icon it clearly states for what it is. Maybe it would be just enough in itself without any icon?

@krasusczak:
Hello. :D

You're right, TU uses the database of totalcmd.net - it checks a single php file to get all the latest version numbers. Before checking totalcmd.net's database, it grabs the latest TotalCmd version directly from ghisler.com pages (catches the content of two different sites & compares the vernums to each other to choose the latest one).
Plus from B3 it is now possible to "hardcode" latest versions of some plugins inside the database file if its really needed to do so (its updatable too, the DB can be found on totalcmd.net & the utility automatically recognizes updates of it).

Ah, I haven't thought its height could be too large on such small displays, thanks for reporting it... I could resize the plugin list to a little smaller so it would then fit, the only problem is the Configuration tab - it would then be scrollable (and i really would like to avoid it) / needed to be rearranged and put into a new dialog. Maybe I could just hide the logo in case the resolution is <800x600? Do you have any suggestions?

@EricB:
Hi Eric, thanks for reporting the problem - I guess you have previously disabled "Try to use intelligent version-detection (for plugins without verinfo)" option, as a version number can be found in WMA2's "readme.txt" file (no verinfo in the wfx/wfx64 files), and in such case it is being compared with the online one properly. (it shows "wpdplug.wfx - 1.1 - 1.1- OK." for me)

I just released a database update with some additional checksums, by downloading it using TU the issue should be resolved - could you please confirm it? :?:

Regards,
Bluestar
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-09-05, 13:56 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

I had already all intelligence set to 'on', but after downloading the latest crc db (142 of 05/09, I used 04/09 before) I indeed see the version 1.1 now showing up correctly. So fixed, I'd say.

I'm curious, should the databases replace the [overrideplugver] section in the totalupdater.ini?

IMO the automatic installation of downloaded plugins is a very nice touch, works smoothly here!

Regards, EricB
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Hmm hard to say i have 1024x600 resolution & with mine system template i will need something like 656 height (but remember that ppl can have different systems/templates or even different font size which can involve size of down bar).

Maybe option that if res i lest than for ex. 700 height don't show logo or show small logo it's good idea:)
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Hi.
Total Updater shows version 0.9.5.0a for tcPhonebook. But this is not right. Actual version is 0.9.5.0.
Screenshot
Bluestar

tcPhonebook (RC vs Final)

Post by *Bluestar »

@EricB:
Oh, i see. Maybe you haven't had the readme.txt file inside its folder then. What really matters is now it shows up okay.
Do you mean the utility should revise the user-defined OverridePlugVer section after an update? Currently it doesn't do such thing. Maybe I misunderstood your question..

Glad that updating works fine, although there are some issues which I am already aware of - e.g. in case of multipacked archives it can't properly select the one that is needed to be installed, so there may be a case when it just doesn't overwrites anything at all.

@Maximus:
Hi Maximus,

I needed to create a checksum for the latest tcPhonebook to somehow differentiate it from the previous version, which was also released by you as "0.9.5.0" (using exactly the same PE fileversion values; even "Help/English.html" contained "0.9.5.0" without mentioning its RC5, and not the final one). If I don't create a checksum entry for it, then the users would complain that "hey, TU haven't showed it as an available update, though it is!". :) [screenshot]

Would you like me to delete it from the crc32 database / set its version value to "0.9.5.0", so the users would not see the update & maybe keep using the latest BETA versions in case they do not notice there is a new one?

Edit: I can also hardcode its latest update time (04.09.2013) to the current internal database of TU, so then it is going to be matched against the local modification date of the file the user has - this is an option too. Which one do you prefer / do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,
Bluestar
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Would you like me to delete it from the crc32 database / set its version value to "0.9.5.0", so the users would not see the update & maybe keep using the latest BETA versions in case they do not notice there is a new one?

Edit: I can also hardcode its latest update time (04.09.2013) to the current internal database of TU, so then it is going to be matched against the local modification date of the file the user has - this is an option too. Which one do you prefer / do you have any other suggestions?
I would prefer that instead of the letter was used by another sign. For example, the date, as you suggested. Because I can also use the letters "a", "b", ... in the version numbering.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Thats true, as of now its better to use its latest date.

It should be fixed in the just-released database update of TU (435b147).
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Thats true, as of now its better to use its latest date.

It should be fixed in the just-released database update of TU (435b147).
Ok. Thank you.
mwz

Post by *mwz »

@Bluestar

Another one question.
The other computer with Win-7 x86 Pro, all updates are installed. TotalCmd 8.50 beta 2, Total Updater v0.8 Beta 3 rev2

When an hour ago updated the plugins database from within TC with the administrative rights, got nine messages like "The entry point in the procedure CRYPTO_memcmp not found in the library DLL LIBEAY32.dll" and similar. Does it use the external DLLs [if possible] -- or what can be the cause?

There are 14 exemplars of LIBEAY32.dll on that computer, versions from 0.9.8.0 to 1.0.1.5, and only the latest is in the directory (namely - OpenVPN) of the PATH variable. Updated OpenVPN from 2.2.2 (there was the older version of LIBEAY32.dll) tо 2.3.2 with the 1.0.1.5 -- the same effect.

----
Updates:
1. No this problem (at least I can't reproduce it) in Win-7 x64 Pro + TCmd 8.01 x64.

2. When I put LIBEAY32.dll v1.0.1.5 into the Total Updater folder of Win-7 x86 -- no problems then.

3. All versions of LIBEAY32.dll from 1.0.1.3 (have no 1.0.1.4) and lower down to 0.9.8.0, when put here, cause the similar but not certainly the same errors. Only v0.9.8.20 gives not nine but only one error.
a.k.a. Mikhail Zhilin, #12316 Personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

I get a wrong message that a version 3.0 of ProcFS wfx plugin is available.

The automatic download fails and TU's database points me to http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/procfs.html where only version 2.0, which I already have, is available.
Last edited by petermad on 2013-09-09, 00:58 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Updated Danish translation can be downloaded at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/Total_Updater_v0.8_Beta3_Danish.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar