Mailer integrated into TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Corunetes

Mailer integrated into TC

Post by *Corunetes »

I have used a number of different mailers and I haven't been totally happy with any of them....... At the moment I am using Pocomail which is by far the best that I found yet but I still feel that "something" is missing.

I wonder whether it would be possible to integrate a mailing program into TC which would be able to make use of the TC features. I don't even know whether this is possible or even desirable but the overall quality of TC would suggest to me that it could be done.

Is this a silly idea?
Peter B.
"I'm in shape.Round is a shape isn't it?"
.riCkStoNe

Post by *.riCkStoNe »

humm i dont know, but you can visit http://www.totalcmd.net for view if exist some plugin for your need , but its a very interesting petition , the problem; i think is the interface :) need a plugin for view the message, into the tab panel.. with images, etc so
Trabajo por cerveza
Clo

@Ghisler---

Post by *Clo »

2Corunetes
:) Hello !
¤ Directly from the TC-site >> Addons, you can get THIS

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: @Ghisler---

Post by *Sheepdog »

Clo wrote:¤ Directly from the TC-site >> Addons, you can get THIS
Hello Claude,

you're right, one can send mails with it but it's not what I call a 'mailer'. Since you have to format your mails appropriate (at least the from: ;to: ;subject:-lines) in your editor you can use it to send a mail from a fresh system but not to deliver all your mails - in my opinion.

But to read your mails from POP3 server it's really good. I like to use it to delete the spam on the server.

sheepdog.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

I support a better one---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hi Stefan !

¤ I just looked for an existing plugin, I don't use it. Indeed, a better module could exist, but it's to write still…
* In such a way, I support the request too.
{ Apart : @ my IP, there are feature to sort / put in a quarantine-folder the spams and other dungs… Need improvements, and not free ! I recover the rare real emails with Eudora™}
:mrgreen:  VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Corunetes,
I am using Pocomail which is by far the best that I found yet but I still feel that "something" is missing.
Have you tried The Bat! yet? It's quite nice.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Corunetes

Post by *Corunetes »

Hacker wrote:Corunetes,
Have you tried [url=http://ritlabs.com/thebat/ wrote:The Bat![/url] yet? It's quite nice.
yes, I've tried it but I wasn't happy with it. I'm possibly being a little hard to please but I feel that there are so many talented programmers out there that sooner or later I'll wind up with what I want (whatever that is!)
The only problem is that what I want is not necessarily what other users may want..........
The thought about combining TC with a mailer has no great genesis, it's just that I use TC a thousand times a day and I thought, "Combination?" HMMMMMM?
Thanks to all for taking the time to reply!
Peter B.
"I'm in shape.Round is a shape isn't it?"
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

What are you missing in The Bat!?

TC is a file manager, not a mailer and as ghisler is the only developer there is no chance for an email client at all.
Honestly I am wondering how one can seriously have the wish to manage emails with TC... ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
.riCkStoNe

Post by *.riCkStoNe »

thats right. but a mail client plugin , be a more powerfull total commander :), so a nice petition

Excuse my english
Trabajo por cerveza