Copying to a tree

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Copying to a tree

Post by *MVV »

TC 7.50a has following bug: when user selects folder in a tree and tries to copy files from another panel using F5, TC shows question message box with confirmation copying to desktop but if user confirms copying, TC copies files into folder that is selected in a tree.

As some private testers reported, bug was fixed in some private betas prior to 7.55b1. But in 7.55b1 we have two bugs with copy to tree again:
* TC adds desktop path to right destination file path when file is being copied to some selected folder of tree. E.g. for file myfile.txt when F:\MyFolder\MyFolder2 is selected in a tree:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\DesktopF:\MyFolder\MyFolder2\myfile.txt
* when root folder is selected in a tree (e.g. F:\), TC shows message box instead of normal copy dialog, and target path is wrong too (and user have no chance to fix path because of message box instead of copy dialog):
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\DesktopF:\myfile.txt

(discussed here before)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Confirmed, thanks! The error was introduced when allowing virtual folders like the desktop as a target (e.g. for unpacking).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Confirm both problems in 7.55pβ1; both seem to be fixed in 7.55pβ2.

BTW, why copying to drive root differs so much from copying into some subdir? It does not make sense to me… Moreover, if I copy with drag&drop instead of F5, TC shows a normal Copy dialog, with editbox, extended options, etc.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW2,
* if I open some dir in normal panel, then select some folder in a tree and press F5/F6 in normal panel, all works as expected (except simple dialog when copy to root folder like my first post and Flint's post said).

So is it a bug or intent that:
* if I select more than one folder in a tree, TC suggests to copy/move file into last selected - maybe it would be better to deselect previously selected items in this case or suggest to copy into top selected?
* if I select some folder in a tree and then change dir in normal panel, select a file and press F5/F6, TC suggests to copy file into its folder instead of selected one - TC should suggest to copy file into selected folder in a tree.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for confirming the fix!

2Flint
It looks like TC treats the drive root as a virtual folder here. I will check whether I can change it.

2MVV
Sorry, cannot confirm any of your reports. Selecting two folders in the tree and pressing F5 suggests the other panel as the target. If something is wrong, please create a new bug report with detailed instructions to reproduce.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Maybe I was not clear enough. I try to copy/move files only from normal panel to tree panel (but with actions described above).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I really don't understand what you mean. Please start a new thread where you clearly describe what goes wrong (in your opinion).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, now TC 7.55pb3 shows right dialog when copying to root folder selected in a tree. Thanks. :)
Sorry, I really don't understand what you mean. Please start a new thread where you clearly describe what goes wrong (in your opinion).
Well, I made new topic here, as you said.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks!