Saved searches load partially

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, sheep, Hacker, Stefan2

Post Reply
User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Saved searches load partially

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-14, 20:17 UTC

TC 9.20 beta 5, beta 6 and RC 1 loads only about 35-36 first saved searches - depends on length - on Load/Save page of "Find Files" and "Show" - "Custom" dialog window (Ctrl+F12).
Betas 1-4 works correctly with exactly the same INIs.
Both 32 and 64 bits versions works the same way.
Windows 10 Home x64, Spring Creators 2018, Build 17134.112
Last edited by Gral on 2018-06-14, 21:07 UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8066
Joined: 2003-02-05, 20:24 UTC
Location: Valsted, Denmark
Contact:

Post by *petermad » 2018-06-14, 20:44 UTC

I cannot confirm this. Tested with TC 9.20rc1 under Windows 7 and 10 (1803, 17124.81)

Maybe you got an erroneous entry in your [Searches] section
License #524
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.21a 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit and TC 2.92b1 on Android 6.0
Get: Extended Total Commander Menus | PHSM-Calendar

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-14, 20:53 UTC

petermad wrote:I cannot confirm this. Tested with TC 9.20rc1 under Windows 7 and 10 (1803, 17124.81)

Maybe you got an erroneous entry in your [Searches] section
I don't think so - as i wrote beta 4 and all earlier versions works correctly.
But i realized today - maybe new Windows build updated this morning, about 9.50, causes this?

More info - first post edited

User avatar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8066
Joined: 2003-02-05, 20:24 UTC
Location: Valsted, Denmark
Contact:

Post by *petermad » 2018-06-14, 21:43 UTC

I have now updated my Window 10 to build 17134.112 and I still cannot reproduce the problem with TC 9.20rc1 x64

I have 38 saved Searches.
The total [Searches] section takes up 6147 bytes.
The longest line in the section is 282 bytes long.
My wincmd.ini is encoded in ANSI, codepage 1252.
License #524
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.21a 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit and TC 2.92b1 on Android 6.0
Get: Extended Total Commander Menus | PHSM-Calendar

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-14, 21:50 UTC

Indeed, it's issue with my config, but i still don't understand - why older versions works correctly?

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-14, 22:15 UTC

Case reopen?
(I didn't notice your reply while i wrote mine)

My [Searches] section in redirected file is 25954 bytes long (102 searches), truncated to match loaded part - 6767 bytes, so?

User avatar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 8066
Joined: 2003-02-05, 20:24 UTC
Location: Valsted, Denmark
Contact:

Post by *petermad » 2018-06-14, 23:52 UTC

After doubleing the size of my searches I can now confirm the bug.

In TC 9.20 b5, b6 and rc1 only 47 of my 75 searches are shown - equal to 7767 bytes.

This is tested under Window 7 - so the bug is not OS-related.

The tested wincmd.ini file is only 40459 bytes, so it can not be a problem with a too big ini file.
truncated to match loaded part - 6767 bytes
Notice that the order of the searches in wincmd.ini is not necessarily the same as in the list shown in TC (the list in wincmd.ini is not alphabetically sorted).
License #524
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.21a 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit and TC 2.92b1 on Android 6.0
Get: Extended Total Commander Menus | PHSM-Calendar

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-15, 00:03 UTC

I can confirm bug on Windows 7 too.
petermad wrote:Notice that the order of the searches in wincmd.ini is not necessarily the same as in the list shown in TC (the list in wincmd.ini is not alphabetically sorted).
I know - but mine is sorted.

So, bug confirmed, thanks for cooperation.

User avatar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 36511
Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2018-06-15, 09:59 UTC

I could repeat it too, thanks. It happens because TC 9.20 now supports Unicode names for searches when the ini file is stored as UTF-16 Unicode. The conversion from ANSI to Unicode for plain text ini files uses only a 4kByte buffer. I will change that to a dynamically allocated buffer when the Unicode buffer is larger too.
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-16, 09:04 UTC

I think there is need it to write it explicit - until fix the bug, workaround is the conversion of the INI file to Unicode UTF-16 LE (UCS-2 Little Endian)

User avatar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 36511
Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2018-06-20, 18:31 UTC

This should be fixed in RC2, please test!
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com

User avatar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2005-01-26, 15:12 UTC

Post by *Gral » 2018-06-20, 20:14 UTC

Fixed.

Post Reply