This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? / Privacy
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double click on largedirectory with ctrl-q view doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC9.1x bug reports (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lolly-Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Double click on largedirectory with ctrl-q view doesn't work Reply with quote

Hi,

I have Ctrl-Q activated to view some files in different directories. I want to switch between the directories, wich can contain many files (> 1000) in their sub directories. But a double click doesn't work then. I have first to select the directory with a single click, wait for its view on the other side and then I can make a double click to open the directory. I think on double click it is unnecessary to load the info for the whole directory to display it on the other side, because I simply want to open the directory.

Best regards

Last edited by Lolly-Bob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not confirmed
I can use double click dirs while Quick View is active
Lolly-Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can reproduce this behaviour with TC 9.20rc3 x64 on Windows 10 1709 and Windows 8.1, both on a ssd.
It depends on the count of sub directories and the count of files in it.

If I have a project directory with 10 GB and over 44,000 files it lasts 9 seconds to show the directory info. But on double click it is not necessary to load this info.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first click activates the quick view of that directory. By default, it shows the directory size, which can take a while. If you don't want this, you can install a Lister plugin like htmlview which would override the directory view.
Lolly-Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it. Yes, I want that a click shows the directory size, that's ok. But if it lasts longer to collect the shown info, there are 3 points indicated in the window. I can cancel the collecting by pressing Escape, then a question mark is shown. So if I do a double click, the second click could do the same cancelling and opens the double clicked directory.

It's not a big Thing. I do a normal click on the wanted directory and press enter. So the directory will be opened without delay during quick view.

...OK, you can understand my posting as a suggestion instead of a bug report. Your work is beautiful. Very Happy

Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC9.1x bug reports (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: